Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mixed Emotions

This semester has been kind of rough for me. A lot has happened that made me very homesick. I have had a lot of trials this semester and spent almost every weekend at home with my family. I have been looking forward to the end of this semester for so long! I've been counting down for weeks... until this week. Yesterday was my last CEUSA Advisory Meeting. We have had so many great times in Student Government and I have made so many new friends and learned so much. We did our traditional "synergy circle" (we all stand in a circle with our arms around each other and listen to an uplifting song) it sounds really weird but it makes us really focus and feel so much closer as a group. As we were standing there in the circle I started thinking about the past year and all of my memories...
Saying goodbye to my parents
Almost burning down Willy's cabin
Our first dinner in our apartment
My 19th birthday
Our chocolate fondu fight
Ice cream sculptures
Hiking to the CEU in the middle of the night
Midnight Ihop run
Night time walks
Watching She's the Man and Zoolander weekly
The quote wall
Almost burning down Devin's apartment
Shopping Sprees
Homework all-nighters
Fire Alarms
Dances
New Friends
Epic Wednesday
... and I realized that I am really going to miss it here.

When I think back it was such a great year and I can't believe that it is actually ending. I can't believe that in less than 2 months I will be living back at home. I have loved living in Price and having my freedom. I have had so many experiences that I will never forget.
I am so excited for new adventures but I'm a little sad to leave the life that I have built here. I will still be in Price for a while. I am going to be taking the first session of summer school (May 10th-June 19th) but everything will be different. Everyone will be gone for the summer. My life will consist of class, work and homework.
I always think that it is interesting to try and imagine your life in one year... but so much has happened this past year that I don't think I could even come close to guessing what is in store for me. I just have to have faith and rely on my Heavenly Father. I know that he has a plan for me and I can't wait to see what it is but for now I will just continue living my life the best that I can.
This week has been EXTREMELY stressful. I have to finish the End of Year movie, I am pretty excited about it, and then I have a ton of homework I have been doing and next week we have finals. I am pretty lucky because most of mine are take home tests. I am very grateful for that. The rest of this week is filled with Student Government activities and packing up my apartment. It is going to be really sad to see our apartment empty. I am sad to be so near to closing this door but I am so enthusiastic to see what is behind the next door.
Sorry this post wasn't very organized it is really just a bunch of thoughts that are going through my mind right now! Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i know exactly what you are feeling. ceu is such a great place. take advantage of all the fun things that go on down there because once you move home. its gone. its different, and that time will just be a memory. so make it last and have fun. cant wait to see you this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Everyday seems like a whole new beginning. Just have fun while you're there and don't stress about what's coming up. Don't miss things before they're gone. Just enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are right. :)
    Thanks! It is so weird to be finishing! Ash, I can't wait to see you either! It'll be so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete