Monday, February 22, 2010

Counting Blessings

On Thursday I decided that I was going to go home this weekend to go with Ciera to hospital for Stewart's heart surgery, the fourth one in 20 months! I knew that my sister would want and need some moral support so I wanted to be there for her.
I wasn't able to leave until Saturday after work. So I spent Friday night hanging out with my fabulous roommate. We went to Maverick and got smoothies. That is right! Smoothies at Maverick, did anyone know they had smoothies? Well they do and they are delish! :) Then we went to Walmart and treated ourselves to a little snack! :) Then we came home and watched Hitch and fell asleep on the couch and beanbag. It was a pretty good night.
Then I just spent the weekend at home. It was really good because I was able to see my family and spend time with my adorable nephew and Ciera and Stewart and of course my parents and I can't forget Tyson.
Sunday night I had a hard time sleeping and I kept waking up. We had to leave the house by 5:45 to go to the hospital for Stewart's surgery. I was pretty tired. I got in my car, Stewart had scraped all the ice off for me, he is so nice. I turned on my radio all that was on was dumb commercials and morning shows that I really didn't want to listen to. So I went to put my ipod on and my ipod tuner was gone. I let my dad drive my car yesterday so I figured that maybe my ipod tuner was in his way so he moved it. I didn't worry about it to much.
I got to the hospital and sat with Ciera and Stewart's parents while Stewart was in surgery. If you want more information on the surgery you can check out Ciera's blog which is http://stewartandciera.blogspot.com
I had to leave at 12:30 to be back in Price for my 2:30 class. I knew that I needed to find my ipod tuner because it is the only way for me to listen to music through the canyon. I looked in the backseat and it wasn't there. So I called my dad and asked him about it and he said that it had been in the car when he drove it. So then I checked the spot that I keep my ipod and guess what. Yep, it was gone. So my only guess is that my dad accidentally left my car unlocked and someone stole my ipod and tuner!!! So I had to make the long drive through the canyon in silence.
I was really upset at first but now I am just grateful that they didn't take my GPS or my car, so I guess I should focus on the positive and count my blessings. I can easily replace an ipod and tuner. In fact, Dustin and Kerri are the best! Dustin called and told me that they have an ipod I can have. So all I need to do is get myself a new tuner and put songs on my new ipod.
I have decided that I hope that the person that stole my ipod is really poor and has desired to have an ipod for a long, long time. Hopefully it made their day. That is all I have to say about that.
So this was not my best weekend at home and discovering the loss of my ipod made it even worse. I called my mom and just started crying! I felt like such a baby! I was crying over a stupid ipod. I am sure that it must have been a lack of sleep and other things on my mind but regardless, I was crying. I don't like crying so I was pretty grateful that I had an hour and a half drive ahead of me to regain my composer. The entire drive I was feeling sorry for myself, how terrible is that?
When I arrived in Price my brother called me and comforted me, my sister text me and comforted me. My sister who is 7 months pregnant and having a very difficult pregnancy and on top of that she was sitting at the hospital with her husband who had just gotten out of surgery was worried about me and my petty problems. My mom called and talked to me as well and then my dad text me. Then I felt guilty. I have so many blessings in my life. My family is so good to me and I am so lucky to have them. I felt so ashamed for being so selfish and focusing on myself. I went to my class and to my student government meetings and came back to my apartment. I was greeted by my amazing roommate. She gave me a hug and listened to me laugh and cry about my day. Once again I realized how blessed I am. I have so many amazing people in my life. So once again I am crying, but this time it is different. This time I don't feel bad about it because I am crying because of all the blessings in my life. Tonight I am definitely going to have a long list to thank Heavenly Father for.
I just want to thank all of my friends and family for being so great to me and helping me so much. I hope that I can some way repay you all. :) I love you all a lot!

4 comments:

  1. Chan!!! i know exactly how you feel!!! im sorry someone stole your ipod. dude sometimes people are so lame. but at least you have a great family who loves you. hope your day gets better chandra. you rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks Ash. :) You are so sweet. I know it was a total bummer but it is okay. :) Thanks for coming by the other day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post totally made me cry. Probably because I'm super emotional anyway, but still, it made me cry.

    Everyone has those days that things just seem like way too much to handle, so don't feel guilty for having one too!

    We love helping you. You have done so much for us. Coming and sitting at the hospital with me just because you felt like I needed it, even though you had other things to do. It meant the world to me and to Stewart. He felt a lot better having you be there with me.

    WE LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you guys too! :) Of course I would be there for you! I am your sister and I am always here for you.
    Thank you so much for sharing your son with me and for being such a great sister and Stewart for being a great big brother.

    ReplyDelete