Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yes... I am 20.

Right now I really should be studying for 4 tests... but blogging sounds SO much better!
On Monday I turned 20... and it was an awesome day! I had SO many people call, text or write on my facebook wall. It was so nice to see how many great friends I have! I went with my mom and Ciera shopping and to dinner. It was a really nice day... but at the same time I couldn't help but look back at my life and realize how different my life is than I had ever planned. Two years ago I was a senior in high school. I thought I knew exactly what was going to happen. I had a plan and I thought it was perfect. Little did I know how wrong I was! I would never have guessed that I would be going to Weber and that for the first time in my life I wouldn't have a plan. I am still as clueless about what I want to do as I was when school started. I am just taking it day by day and relying on the Lord.

Lately I have been looking for another job. I love working at Sorenson and I don't want to quit but I feel like I am slightly lazy. I have SO much free time that I don't even know what to do with myself. I applied at a daycare and I got offered a job! I was extremely stoked... until I realized some of the stipulations. I have to sign a contract to work there for an entire year and it only starts out paying minimum wage. I am unsure of whether to take the job. I know that I would LOVE working there but I also know that it is possible that I would find another job that would pay me better that I would love as well. So right now I am just trying to decide what to do there.

I have also been going to school. And of course having fun! :)
I went with Ciera and Stewart to the State Fair. It was a blast!
Hayden LOVES riding horses!
He had so much fun!

Every day I am reminded of how blessed I am to have a sister that is my best friend (and did I mention how talented she is?! She made me a skirt for my birthday, she completely made up the pattern and everything! It is SO cute, pics to come in my next update). Recently I had an experience that just made me feel so grateful to have her in my life. I have always been told that friends come and go but family is forever. This past week I realized how true that is! It is crazy how quickly things can change and over such ridiculous things. It is during these times that your true friends stick by your side. I have seen this over and over again and every time I have a trail I look around and my family is always there waiting to help me. I am so blessed!
Well it is getting late and I still need to study! So thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. oh my heck!! happy birthday girl! your so awesome! i love all your pictures!
    good luck with your test

    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Love it all. Blogging is SO important. We would all be lost without it.

    I'm glad you had a great birthday. Can't wait to see you. Love you lots.

    EM

    ReplyDelete