Monday, June 14, 2010

Drive to "Hell"

Aka Las Vegas, Nevada... or Henderson.
This weekend was a BLAST!!! Sara Conrad and Jacob Mantz (they both went to CEU and Emilee grew up with Sara) got married, Em wanted to go to the reception, so guess who was forced to go along? That is right, me! Just kidding :) I just went with Em so she didn't have to drive alone. It was a blast.We left Price at about 11 on Friday morning.We knew that it would be an adventurous trip because before we even got out of Price this is what we saw!!
When we were in Emery County there was some construction (of course) and cars pulled off to the side of the road. We were pretty confused about what was going on, so I unrolled the window and asked. Apparently the driver of one of the other cars had rear ended the car in front of them so they were exchanging insurance (there was no damage to either car so this seemed quite pointless to us) so Emilee and I pulled forward to the guy holding the stop sign. Then this old guy walked over to my window and said, "Ya know, you're going to hell right now, this is Heaven. Where are you going?" And we said, "Las Vegas!" He replied, "Yep, definitely going to hell." So I guess we spent a weekend in Hell but don't worry because we are back in "Heaven" now.
We passed the polygamist town, Joseph. This is really close to where my family goes camping! :)
We stopped in Cedar City to get gas and drinks. (The funny thing on this sign is the banner at the bottom... What's up? Text 'Happenings" to 83043. haha) There was a cute boy outside of the Maverick selling hot dogs. He offered us a sample but we declined... I think he would have given them to us for free.The bathrooms had the best sign!! :) Nature Calls!! :)Emilee and I in the bathroom.This was painted on the wall outside the bathroom. Pretty cool decorations for a Maverick if you ask me! :)
We decided to play that really dumb and childish game, ya know, the one where you try to get semis to honk for you... yeah we were pretty successful.
Next we played the license plate game... well more like we listed all of the different license plates we saw........ Pretty good right??
It was a fun but long drive!! I think my favorite part would have to be when Emilee and I did the Cupid Shuffle. I'm sure people were looking at us like we were crazy!!
I don't want to make this post SUPER long so this is all I'll write today. Tomorrow I'll try to write about what we did in Vegas! :)

1 comment:

  1. vegas is SO much fun!! love love love. im glad you guys had fun!! love ya both!!

    ReplyDelete